● Original contemporary jazz sambas and bossa novas recorded in a studio setting but with all the excitement of Matt's live Rio JAZZ performances, backed up by world-best studio players including Romero Lubambo, Warren Bernhardt, Joel Rosenblatt and Mark Egan!
● Now featured on iTunes, Pandora, & Spotify internet radio, Amazon, CD Baby and Music Choice satellite TV/radio.
● Two songs from the 12 finalists in the jazz category, 2009 Los Angeles Music Awards!
“Brazilian Wish is well worth close listening. There is a lot to discover in Matt Finley’s very appealing brand of Brazilian jazz.” - Scott Yanow, author of 11 books including Trumpet Kings
"Execution is virtually flawless; he smokes on every tune" - Frank Villafane (Reviewer for WWW.VINILEMANIA.NET)
"Your playing certainly is top-notch - best of luck" - Russ Davis, XM Radio
"A hybrid of Brazilian sonic structures under sleek, melodic American-style jazz." - J. Spica, WVKR
"Brazilian Wish", the debut recording by trumpeter and flugelhornist Matt Finley is an independent release of a quality to rival any of the big labels. A fantastic production, with top-notch accompanists, great arrangements, well written, catchy Latin flavored songs – all composed by Mr. Finley and performed in a high energy joyful spirit that flows from the opening track and throughout the nine songs that make up this truly fine first effort." - Paul J. Youngman (Reviewer for WWW.VINILEMANIA.NET)
"Your CD sounds great! Brazilian Wish is Awesome!" - Rachell Bivins (Publisher, ABYSSJazz Magazine)
"Brazilian Wish" has a great energy: very warm, bright and relaxed. The nine original tracks by trumpeter and flugelhorn player Matt Finley feature arrangements by Jon Werking that sparkle and pop, with a propelling rhythmic infrastructure. The album is nicely paced, and the performances are top-notch. Finley's playing is fluid and melodic, with satisfying nuance, and he has assembled some of the finest jazz artists around." - Kate Goldsmith (Editor, Southern Dutchess News. Reprinted courtesy of Taconic Press.)
♫ Father's Day (4:10) - jazz samba
♫ Brazilian Wish (4:38) - bossa nova
♫ There You Are (3:54) - fusion bossa nova
♫ Childhood Home (5:24) - contemporary bossa
♫ When She's Gone (4:08) - jazz cha-cha
♫ So Close (4:49) - uptempo samba
♫ Another Year (4:40) - pop bossa nova
♫ Calm Waters (6:10) - bossa nova
♫ Softly Speaking (4:22) - bossa ballad
All songs composed by Matt Finley ©2006 Kingsmill Music / BMI. All rights reserved.
● Matt Finley, flugelhorn & trumpet [Rio JAZZ; Nick Brignola]
● Romero Lubambo, acoustic guitar [Trio da Paz; Brazil's finest acoustic guitarist]
● Warren Bernhardt, piano (tracks 2,8,9) [Steely Dan & Steps Ahead]
● Jon Werking, piano & keyboards (tracks 1,3,4,5,6,7) [Chuck Loeb; New York Voices]
● Jeff Ciampa, electric guitar [Dave Matthews; Kenia]
● Mark Egan, electric bass (tracks 1,3,4,5,6,7) [Sting, Larry Coryell, Pat Metheny]
● Dave Finck, acoustic bass (tracks 2,8,9) [Phillipe Saisse, Paquito D'Rivera]
● Joel Rosenblatt, drums (tracks 1,3,4,5,6,7) [Spyro Gyra, Blood Sweat & Tears]
● Jeff Siegel, drums (tracks 2,8)
● Tomas Martin Lopez, Latin percussion
● and the horn section (tracks 1,3,4,6) Barry Danielian, trumpet; David Mann, tenor & soprano sax; and Dan Levine, trombone _________________________________________
Arranged and produced by Jon Werking, Cedar King Productions, Warwick, New York.
Matt Finley, Executive Producer.
Released: May, 2006
More about: Matt Finley
How to buy Brazilian Wish
Purchase online here: cdbaby.com/cd/mattfinley
Purchase online here: phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=189027426
Available online from CDBABY.COM, Amazon, iTunes, and major download services including Pandora and Spotify. Digital download cards available at Rio JAZZ live concerts. See www.riojazz.com
Viewed 16,430 times